Reviewing Environmental Impact Assessments: A guide for communities, authorities and practitioners
An indispensable guide in assisting environmental assessment practitioners, reviewing authorities and the general public in reviewing EIA reports. This book shows you how to engage and comment on EIA processes, by reviewing EIA reports.
If you are involved in Environmental Management or you’ve just graduated and looking to brush up on your EIA reviewing skills, this book could be a valuable asset to you.
It shows you how to read, understand and critically review environmental impact assessments as well as what to consider when drafting comments on an EIA report.
Here’s what you will learn :
- The legislative context of EIA REVIEW
- The relationship between the quality of the EIA process followed, the quality of the REPORT and the DECISION by the environmental authorities.
- The role of the EAP, Interested & Affected Parties, and the Competent Authority
- How to prepare for the review
- Ascertaining legal compliance of the EIA Report
- How to conduct site inspections
- Importance of the project / activity description
- How to combat “stonewalling” by the project proponent
- Scrutinizing the public participation process
- Reviewing the Scoping and EIA Report
- How to draft your comments after reviewing the EIA Report